Friday, November 11, 2011

11/11/11

Hi everyone,

Today I'm am going to take a break from our final section of "Calling All Christians" and focus on today in particular. What's so significant about today, you ask? Well, not only is it a once in a century date and really easy to write or type, it is an anniversary date in my life. Below is a text message I sent out to my friends and family this morning:

"As we enter into this time of Thanksgiving, I pray each one of us would truly humble ourselves for the countless undeserved blessings we receive each and every day. For me personally, today is nine years to the day since I was nearly killed in my car accident. I don't deserve to be alive, but I am. And not only am I alive in a physical sense, but I am living in Jesus Christ, whom traded His life for mine. Words can not describe my thankfulness, but He knows. Seek Him today and let our Savior know how much you love Him and be thankful for everything. Live it, don't just say it! Be blessed."

Needless to say my prayer time included plenty of praise, tears, and joy this morning! Let's focus on what really matters every day. God; our salvation; our families; the fact that we live in the greatest nation in the world (let's also remember to thank a veteran today as well); and everything else we have, but almost never deserve. Start your Thanksgiving today, and praise the One who gave it all to you in the first place- each and every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment