Thursday, October 15, 2009

Unbelievable?

"Know therefore that the Lord is your God, He is God, the faithful God, who keeps His covenant and His lovingkindness to a thousandth generation with those who love Him and keep His commandments." (Deut. 7:9)

I have a friend who at the beginning of this past summer received a phone call that he never could have expected. It was from his 16 year old daughter, whom he had never even met! He always knew he had a daughter, but certain circumstances kept him away. Now mind you, he is now married with three children as well. My friend has never been opposed to God, or the idea of God- he just never pursued Him. After I was notified of what was going on, we began to observe the situation from a more spiritual point of view. He came to a revival with me, began praying, and ultimately by the end of the summer- gave his life to the Lord Jesus Christ!

"Commit your works to the Lord and your plans will be established." (Prov. 16:3) This is the standpoint we took from there on out. My friend was to be faithful to God. After all, God brought him to this point faster than my buddy had done by himself in 16 years. He kept praying and has since been taking his family to church. So here we are a few months later and his relationship with his long lost daughter is greater than he could have ever imagined! They are preparing for homecoming, hanging out, and she even calls him "dad."
As we were discussing on the phone the other day how great God is, I told my friend about a new job that I just received- one that was no doubt Divinely appointed. I explained how the job offer came around, that I fasted on a Wednesday and the VERY NEXT DAY I was offered the job. "Unbelievable!" That's all my buddy could say after everything he's seen in the past few months- but honestly is it? Our God is a BIG GOD, and "unbelievable" is belittling Him- it's all believable.
"With people this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." (Matthew 19:26)

No comments:

Post a Comment