Monday, February 27, 2012

Train 'Em Up! -Part 2

“Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.” –Prov 22:6 (NKJV)


We arrived at our destination, and without hesitation- my daughter walked right up to the other parties, confessed her wrong doing, and said she was sorry. There was no need for me to discuss anything any further with her (of course the TV grounding is still in effect), she had fulfilled all that I asked of her.
As I now look back, this was a huge growing moment for BOTH she and I. I can see how God has worked in me by the way I handled everything. It makes me think of when we screw up, how loving and forgiving our Father truly is. He loves us no matter what- that’s always a given. He does not beat guilt or condemnation into us, but rather- teaches us through confession, humility, and love. Yes, we may be punished, but only out of love and for us to learn from our mistakes. Best of all, God not only forgives us- but the Bible says that removes our transgressions from us as far as the east is from the west (Psalm 103:12). He NEVER brings it up again!

I am very grateful for what happened. I got to teach my daughter a valuable life lesson, but I also drew closer to Jesus as well. Best of all, as we closed out in prayer on Thursday night, my daughter repeated what she had done, and promised God she would never do it again- this time without me reminding her to pray that. Case closed, lesson learned- to God be the glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment