Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Assignments

I've been doing devotionals over the past few weeks, and that's fine- but I feel like I need to give you all something concrete to pray over and work on yourselves. Here are 3 different assignments I've given to the group over the past years:

1. Legacy. According to Webster's, the word legacy means "Something transmitted or received from an ancestor or predecessor of the past." It may be in the form of material possessions, or something hereditary- such as addictions and beliefs. My assignment to you is to write 2 paragraphs. The first paragraph would be if you were to leave this world right now- what would your legacy look like? The second paragraph- what do you want it to look like?

2. Positives in your life. We are so quick to complain in our nation of how bad things are. Yes, we do suffer hardships, but no where near what about 80% of the world does! To put this in perspective, make a list of EVERY positive in your life, then think of others around the world and their situations. Here's a few examples of mine: I'm saved by the blood of Christ; I have a wonderful daughter whom I love and she loves me; I have clothes, a home, food, and a car; I live in a free country with fresh drinking water; I am healthy and in good shape.

3. Being the best father you can be. Make a commitment list and place it somewhere in your house where you will see it every day (mine's on my front door so I see it before I leave every day). On this list, put every single thing you will commit to to ensure you are being the best possible father you can be. (i.e. Put God first, give our kids undivided attention, abstain from self-destroying behaviors, not bad mouthing their moms, ect...)

Pray over each one of these before and after you do them- you will be surprised at the change in your frame of mind when you do! God bless....

No comments:

Post a Comment